Sometimes our goals may change depending on the circumstances and in my case the goal of losing weight is back at the top of my priorities as looking at the calendar – and vanity – I want to weigh 140 pounds by my birthday … and virtually need a miracle – my birthday is this month – or do such regime as they do on TV shows.
Realistically, I know I will not have hours and hours to work out but I can prepare better meals and have a better menu plan. my menus. So when I saw that challenge # 4 is to prepare a “light” recipe I got to thinking and what better way to start the changes with a delicious salad.
My first step is to change my vinaigrette dressing for Nakano rice wine vinegar in this recipe. I was struck that the vinegar contains only 20 calories per serving as well as it contains no fat grams, yes! I invite you to learn more about this alternative by visiting Nakano on Facebook or Twitterto see more recipes with this ingredient that’s so versatile and healthy.
|Recipe: Chicken Salad with Nakano Rice Wine Vinegar||
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup spinach
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 / 4 cup black olives (or green)
- 1-2 “splash” Nakano rice vinegar Red Pepper (or Roasted Garlic)
- 1 / 4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shred the chicken breast in a medium container with two forks.
- In a salad plate, add half of spinach, shredded chicken, tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle the salad with Nakano the rice wine vinegar (to taste.)
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
I invite you to visit the other participating blogs and enjoy Nakano delicious recipes!
Disclosure: I’m participating in a paid campaign a series of cooking challenges #MizkanLatino with Mizkan products.