The 3rd challenge theme is all about sharing a recipe from my country that uses Holland House vinegar. So, I picked up the phone and called Mom to see which recipe she would recommend me… and pickled chicken (escabeche) won.
This is a recipe you can prepare and accompany it with rice, salad or just eat it all alone… and if you can wait – we couldn’t – the next day tastes much better. I hope you enjoy this recipe and I would love to read, what would side dish would you prepare for this recipe?
[vsw id=”5eYvXHlfMLM” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
|Recipe: Pickled Chicken (Pollo en escabeche)||
- 2 lbs chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon adobo
- 1 / 2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 / 2 cup Holland House white wine vinegar
- 1 / 3 cup olives
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
- Season the chicken with the adobo.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until evenly golden, turning occasionally. This takes about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add to the pan the onion, garlic, pepper, bay leaves and Holland House vinegar. Cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Return the chicken to the pan and put lid on. Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (180 º F).
- Remove the bay leaves and enjoy!
I invite you to visit the other participating blogs and enjoy delicious recipes with Holland House!